Monday, October 17, 2005

JUST ENOUGH LIGHT FOR THE STEP I'M ON

Saturday, I (Debbie) was blessed to be a part of a group from RHCC that went to Dallas to a conference on prayer by Stormie O'Martian. I'd been blessed by several of her books that I've used to expand my prayer life through the years. Saturday's conference was yet another blessing.....in more ways than one. The fellowship was great, her thoughts were inspirational, and the praise time was dynamic! During the course of the day, the emcee drew names from the 2000 or so attendees, giving away books and baskets. Needless to say, I was shocked when my name was drawn, but very touched by the way God providentially provided this book for me: JUST ENOUGH LIGHT FOR THE STEP I'M ON (Trusting God in the Tough Times) Already I've been blessed by my reading.

Truly, God has been faithful ALL my life to supply the light needed for whatever I've gone through.....but especially over the past four months. There were days that I barely had strength to get out of bed, but He supplied light for that day, and every day since. He is my EVER PRESENT HELP in time of need. He is my ROCK, the GREAT PHYSICIAN and MY DELIVERER. He casts our fear and continues to sustain me. HE IS FAITHFUL!

And speaking of faithful, I want to thank each of you that have been faithful to pray for us as we've walked through this valley. We have felt the strength of your prayers....and we still covet your prayers. I have a handwritten card with 2" letters here at my desk that reminds me daily, "HE IS ABLE!" There is NOTHING too big for my God, and I'm not afraid to ask Him....nor am I afraid to ask you to join me in praying:

1) That my pH be balanced to the proper alkalinity, so cancer cannot survive
2) Complete healing of my back
3) That I will go into complete remission, and the cancer NEVER come back
4) That God will grant me 20+ years of great health in His service (yes,
contrary to what the doctors say!)
5) THAT HE WILL BE GLORIFIED IN ALL THIS, AND SATAN WILL GET NONE OF IT!

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you." Jn. 15:7

Humbly receiving His grace and your prayers,

Debbie

4 Comments:

At 10/17/2005 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/17/2005 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so appreciate you and Duane keeping us updated about your situation, and I'm praying for you tonight. God is so good and generous to bring so many daily blessings, and sometimes the small things remind us what an awesome God He is--how loving and kind He is to bring the perfect book to you by surprise!

Psalms 63:3-4 "O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live and in your name I will lift up my hands."

Continue strong! To God be the glory!
Vicki Watson

 
At 10/19/2005 9:47 AM, Blogger Missionary's Missionary said...

In reality, Deb, all any of us have is just enough light for now..there are no promises for any of us, but yes, I will pray for everything you listed! I love you.
Dottie

 
At 10/22/2005 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration to me. It is so great hearing of your progress and we will continue to pray for your complete restoration.

Stephanie Webster

 

Post a Comment

<< Home