Monday, August 01, 2005

Revival Breaks Out

As I mentioned last time, our good friend, Dr. Joe Carr (Joe, I can't believe I actually wrote that title, you are just a regular Joe to me - ha) from N.C. was with us the last part of July. We spent some quality time together in prayer over Deb and over Joe. You see, he was going back home to preach yesterday in his preacher's absence (vacation). No problem, Joe was trained as a minister at Harding Graduate School, on our mission team to Brazil in the 80's, etc. But Joe sensed the Lord challenging him to preach about repentance and Lordship so we prayed for him to be God's instrument in ushering in revival.

Well, God did! At their early service with 55 present, 30 came forward to repent and rededicate their lives to Jesus as Lord. At the late service, with 275 present, well over 100 responded with life changing repentance and confession! I can hardly wait to hear what all God does in the near future and how people will be getting saved as believers start to take their faith seriously as a matter of life and death. Pray that those in love with the status quo will not quench the spirit's fire (I Thess 5:19) in that church, but will rather humble themselves before God and allow Him to work His will in that body of believers.

As for my precious wife, today was a tough day. Nausea returned. Enough said. She even turned me down on going to get some frozen custard! God continues to demosntrate his love for her through words, gifts, cards, flowers and acts of service. We are unworthy of such attention, but we bask in it knowing that it is from the Father by means of His Spirit touching hearts in special ways. Praise be to Him who heals!

Duane

1 Comments:

At 8/03/2005 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Duane and Debbie,

Your news about renewal in the church in N.C. was so heart-warming. Thank you for sharing it. When I hear things like this I tear up and feel joyful at the same time. It seems to me that Christians, with good and honest hearts, always respond to God's truth - sometimes we just need a good shepherd to guide us.
Sweet Debbie, I hope you lose that nausea soon and get to feeling better. I continue to pray for you each evening and whenever I think about you - which is often. I read Psalm 34 a lot - I love so many of the thoughts in that psalm. I recommend it to you today. Love's prayers...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home